Saturday, July 17, 2010

Background

As part of building a house I am finding it very fun to draw the house in 3D and then revealing what everything is looking like. I started doing this using Sketchup, Googles very easy to use 3D drawing package.  This is the sort of image that I can get of Sketchup.
Whilst these are both very acceptable images I would like to be able to make something more like the following:
This was done using blender an open source 3D animator and it was rendered with Yafray another open source piece of software.  I love the way you can play with lights surfaces etc. in a much more powerful way than in Sketchup.  You can also animate the scene to have really good fly throughs etc.

This blog will detail how I progress through trying to model the kitchen that we are currently building and then possibly the rest of the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment