Saturday, July 17, 2010

Modelling - Plaster Walls

The first step to get the kitchen right is to model the walls and the floor that are made from plaster. 

I forgot to mention that currently blender is undergoing a reasonable change from version 2.49b (which is the most resent stable version) to a new version 2.5.  I have been playing with 2.49b for a few weeks however the new version seems to have more features and may be simpler to learn.  I will therefore start playing with 2.5 as part of this process.

Therefore first step is installing the right version of 2.5.  The blender website has Blender 2.5 Alpha 2 as the latest download.  There are not too many tutorials etc. that relate to Blender 2.5, however the blender artists forum has very good tools and discussions on its use.

I will first try to install 2.5 and keep 2.49b.
Whoohoo success, I now have the new version of blender.

OK lets get started.  The first thing that I need to do is start drawing up the walls.  I will use a scale of 1 blender unit to 1m.

Here are the current plans:
And here is the setout of our kitchen bench and cupboards:

No comments:

Post a Comment